- What craniosynostosis surgery can treat
- Raised intracranial pressure (ICP), or pressure on the brain caused by restriction of skull growth
- Certain problems with eye position related to suture fusion
- Younger infants. Most procedures for the treatment of craniosynostosis are performed before the age of one year, and some are performed before 3-4 months of age.
- Almost any child with a fused suture is a candidate for surgery.
- Extra care is needed for children with craniosynostosis who also have other severe medical problems, such as heart defects. The decision for surgery in these patients should be made by a multidisciplinary team that experienced in the care of complex patients with craniosynostosis.
Copyright © 2023 Tendulkar Medicare - Designed & Developed by TLPGLOBUS SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED.